On Saturday our Primary had an Olympics party. Heather Saito, Laurie Gustafson, Sanae Gazdik, and I were in charge of it and we received a lot of help from the teachers as well. We has all sorts of events from a dress up relay to tug-o-war to three legged race to giant ball rolling. It was such a fun day! We had about 60 kids come. The senior primary would complete while the junior cheered them on and then vice-versa. They each received a medal at the end and we hope they each went home feeling that they had done their best. Nathan's favorite part was the tug-o-war. He was still talking about it the next day. Mackenzie even got into it. I had several shots of Brian but because he was always moving so quickly they all turned out blurry except for the one when he had to sit on the sidelines with his brother and wait his turn. They are really good to each other. Although he had a great time, by the end, Nathan had had enough of the energy and the cheering and went around covering his ears. Everyone seemed to have a great time from the primary children to the adults!
I love your blog. I am so glad you finally gave in to the blogging world. You did such a great job putting it together. We look forward to keeping in touch with you!
your blog is so cute! and by the way,that activity was so fun for the kids! even though booker didn't do too much there, he talked about it the rest of the day!:)
Jamie- I'm glad that I found your blog. Hope that you guys are doing well. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. Good luck with your final year. Keep in touch.
Mark and I went to Jr. High and High School together for 6 years but for some reason we did not meet until a couple of months before graduation. We still don't know how it happened (Mark was even my Powder Puff football coach, I should have gone to practice) but it seems to have worked out really well in the end. After graduation, Mark first attended Utah State University and I attended Brigham Young University. After his mission, he came to BYU. We were married a few months later on May 22, 1999. On December 9, 2000 we had our first son, Brian. The following summer we moved to Louisville, KY so Mark could attend Dental School at University of Louisville. May 6, 2003 Our daughter Mackenzie joined our family. Two years later on May 6, 2005 Nathan was born. When Nathan was a week old we moved to Columbus, Ohio so Mark could attend Ohio State University in the Oral Surgery program. This is the first school that Mark and I have been able to claim and at the same time have a winning team. Go Buckeyes! We had our little girl Hadley on May 15, 2008. Now we have a little boy on the way this November. Surprise! I know that we were!
7 comments:
That video your brother made was so neat! Love your blog--this was my first visit. It looks great!
what a fun idea! maybe for one of our activities this year we'll copy you. :)
you've got a huge primary! how fun!
I love your blog. I am so glad you finally gave in to the blogging world. You did such a great job putting it together. We look forward to keeping in touch with you!
your blog is so cute! and by the way,that activity was so fun for the kids! even though booker didn't do too much there, he talked about it the rest of the day!:)
Glad it went well. It looks like the kids had a blast! How did they like the snack?
I loved the Olympics too. Great job planning you guys. My kids are still talking about it.
Jamie- I'm glad that I found your blog. Hope that you guys are doing well. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. Good luck with your final year. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment